Welcome to the Bushcraft Biker Blog

Bushcraft techniques, kit reviews, fire-lighting, motorcycle camping, knife making

Saturday, 5 December 2009

Welcome to the Bushcraft Biker blog

A warm welcome to the Bushcraft Biker blog. I've always been interested and active in the outdoors from an early age, living next to acres of farmland and woods growing up and wanted to combine my love of all things bushcraft with my other passion, motorcycling.

After a few years of riding all manner of bikes from the latest Japanese sportsbikes to a 1976 Honda CB750, I've finally taken the plunge and bought a sensible bike, the 2008 BMW R1200GS, non adventure model earlier this year which will be the perfect companion for trips to the wilderness. Many of my trips will be with the motorcycle group I help run, Central Scotland Bikers, a great group of guys and gals from all over this fine country.

Adventure is in my soul as I've traveled and backpacked quite a bit around the world. From trekking, hitching and taking a 4x4 through several Central American countries, hitching across Malaysia. I even had a spell working as a Divemaster and Scuba Instructor on the Great Barrier Reef and on Santa Catalina Island off the California coast.

The Bushcraft Biker blog will cover a wide range of topics - motorcycling camping being the main one, bushcraft kit, bushcraft skills, outdoor photography as well as bushcraft knife making. Anything and all things practical and outdoors.

So, sit back and hopefully enjoy the articles with a nice single malt or freshly brewed coffee, whatever your desire...

No comments:

Post a Comment